Fifth generation of iPhone. Repair of this device is straightforward, and requires screwdrivers, prying tools, and patience. GSM/CDMA / 16, 32, or 64 GB / Black or White.

Screen ribbon connector broken during reassemble

Replaced the screen assembly and during the process, pulled too hard on one of the connectors and it snapped. Is it possible/worthwhile to replace the one connector or did I just break the entire screen?

The specific cable connector in question is the longer, horizontal to the body cable from the power and sensor cable assembly. My fear is that it's the power cable. Just curious if it's worth replacing that part or just getting another screen assembly.

If the cable snapped, you will need to replace the entire assembly. There is no way to just repair the cable.

I agree with Brian. The torn cable you describe, seems to be the digitizer flex cable. The power wires are part of the LCD flex cable.

codyspriggs will be eternally grateful.