Apple's line of iBook laptops was intended for the consumer and educational markets. The iBook line comprises of the iBook G3 Clamshell, G3 12", G3 14", G4 12", and G4 14".

Screen display not very bright?.

I just bought a good used iBook G4 12', 1.33 Ghz. Everything works great except.

And the screen display is not very bright, I have set to maximum.

The backlight appears to be working, so Is it the display or the backlight bulb, Can anyone help please ..Thanks

I noticed you never got an answer to this. Are you still having this problem?

Sounds like

backlight problems which could be the inverter, cable, the CCF lamp or (worst case) the VGC or logic board.

Start by attaching to an external monitor... if the problem follows it's either the VGC or logic board 8^(. If that display looks ok it could be the cable, the inverter or the CCF lamp.

In order of ease and lowest cause check over the cable connector and cable for cuts or shorts, then replace the inverter... If neither of those fix it the CCF or logic board is shot. I've never done just a CCF (I think its labor intensive and easy to muck up). I just replace the entire LCD - but that may be cost prohibitive, your call.

Remember to return and mark accepted the answer that best solves your problem.

Good luck,

N

Ben will be eternally grateful.