Repair and troubleshooting information for the Suzuki FA50 Moped.

First plug chop 1987 FA50

Attempted my first plug chop today and I wanted to get some feedback on how you guys think the plug looks...too rich or too lean. I rode the bike over to a long, straight road that's about a mile long. I had the brand new NGK B7HS gapped and ready to go when I got to the road and shut the bike down. I installed the new plug and opened the throttle for about a mile. I adjusted the idle and mix screws before this as instructed in the service manual. At the end of the mile I hit the kill switch and coasted to a stop where I put the old plug back in. The tip and the coloration at the base of the ceramic look ok to me but I'm not sure. I also don't understand why the ceramic is more burnt below where the plating was before I cut off the threads and housing. What do y'all think??? Lean or rich or just right..........?

The burnt side looks a lot worse in the picture then it is.......both sides look close to the same color and the one side is a little more burnt.

This is a poem from moped army wiki but I cleaned it up a bit

Plug Chop Plug Chop Plug Chop” I cry!

“Until you learn to feel me,

You’ll have to do it by eye.”

When it's dirty and black, it's got the ****,

You have too much gas you are running rich.

When its hot and white, but looks pretty clean,

You're 'bout to blow your **** up; you're running lean.

Poetry by Harold

Mike will be eternally grateful.