Apple's line of MacBook Pro laptops was intended for the professional and power users. The MacBook Pro line includes the MacBook Pro 13" Unibody, MacBook Pro 15", MacBook Pro 15" Unibody, MacBook Pro 17", and the MacBook Pro 17" Unibody.

MacBook Pro Early 2011 Both USB Ports quit working

A few days after out of warranty both USB ports quit working.

Apple replaced the motherboard for a one time customer favor. The USB ports worked for a few days, then quit; they have not worked since.

I have tried clearing PRAM, SMC, reloading OS from scratch, cleaning the ports with Isopropyl alcohol with no luck.

I never received the over power notice and the only things that have been put in them are a mouse, usb hard drive for time machine, and thumb drives.

The only thing I have found are the fuses might be blown but a new mb is 1,000 plus.

Really do not use it and would like to sell it, but with the USB ports not working, I think that will prohibit it's selling.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

How long ago did Apple replace replace it? Tell us about this favor? Was it a Apple store, ASP or other? This just doesn't happen. Also please give us the last four figures of your serial number.

When more than 1 USB port is not working, the issue may come either from the controllers that manage the USB's Power/Data lines or the MCP (The main chipset), or maybe both fuses are burnt (very unlikely). The best thing you could do is probably seeking for a free quote from a shop in your area. I would recommend taking it to a shop that you fully trust, because your board is definitely fixable at this point.

Kent Morstain will be eternally grateful.