Fifth generation of iPhone. Repair of this device is straightforward, and requires screwdrivers, prying tools, and patience. GSM/CDMA / 16, 32, or 64 GB / Black or White.

My wifi isnt turning on to connect to the Internet

im not sure why but i was just useing the wifi from my iphone then i left you for a sec came back to it now it wont turn on the wifi so i cant use the wifi. i didnt do anything to it so im not sure whats the problem with it i needs some help to fix it

Most Helpful Answer

The iPhone 4S Wi-Fi failure is infamous. It is observed that it happens most often after a software update/restore or during abrupt changes in temperature.

Many things may have gone wrong, and you'll need a professional tech with the right tools and knowledge to diagnose the problem.

The most common cause though is a failure of the Wi-Fi chip, in which case you'd better sell the phone or get a new one.

Some people choose to re-heat the Wi-Fi chip in order to re-activate it temporarily. This solution puts you at risk of permanently disabling your phone and, as said, it is temporary at best.

In my honest opinion, don't spend money on it if you require Wi-Fi. Get a new phone.

smithidell will be eternally grateful.