Microphone and home button does not work after battery replacement

Hello friends!

My iPhone 5s 16gb black and gray home button does not work, touch ID works but is delayed. Microphone does not work (people can't hear me when making phone calls.) It started after battery replacement??? please help

Most Helpful Answer

Hi there, it sounds like you may have damaged the charging port (where the mic is located). When you speak while on speaker phone your device will be switching to a different mic thats inside the phone. There is usually 2-3 mics in a phone. The home button also is connected to the charging port.

Good luck.

Thanks for your response. Meanwhile I figured out that the problem was located at the other end, where the cameras and an other mic are located. This mic was not properly in place and was further pushed aside by the 3 flat cables when the housing was put together.

I detected this by leaving this side a bit open, and closing just the home button side: Then the mic worked fine, so it had to do with the densely packed components on the upper end. Pushing the microphone more underneath its cable finally solved the problem.

To sum itup: Replacing the front panel needs patience, three quiet hands, guts, and at least two hours. It requires more than "moderate" skills. Maybe for the next one it will be easier.

I have the same problem. Just after battery replacement.

Microphone works on vídeos or calls using speakers, but doesn't work on recording notes. Home button doesn't work too, but Touch ID works perfectly.

I have the exact same problem. After the phone is completely assembled, the mic does not work. Once the display is lifted a bit - with the home button cable cable still connected - it works fine. The same moment you put the display on the bottom case the mic is deaf again.

There seems to be a contact somewhere that causes a shortcut or something. Or could it be the little earthing clip mentioned on step 26 of the front panel replacement guide?

See the URL: https://d3nevzfk7ii3be.cloudfront.net/ig...

Does anyone have an idea? Many thanks in advance

Wolfgang

Change the charging port. The mic is part of the charging port assembly.

I have the same problem my iphone is stuck in a boot loop and i cant hard reset or recovery mode becuase my home button dosent work. is it possible the 5s can suffer the same pry damage such as the iphone 5 ?

kca0710 will be eternally grateful.