iPhone 5S Lightning cable assembly

Hi, I have an iPhone 5S model A1533 white. I purchased a lightning cable assembly and have removed the old one, however the new one looks a bit different from the old. I am attaching two pictures.

....

...I'll try and explain. If you look at both pictures just to the right of the lightning port and a bit up you'll notice some differences between the two....Also should I remove the red backing on the new assembly. I'm assuming there is a sticky type material which will replace the adhesive on the old assembly. I can be reached at 203.524.9156 or email at pjg1600@yahoo.com....thanks, Jeff

You are going to need to carefully transfer the metal clips, black tape and mic cover over to the new one. And yes , the red tabs have adhesive underneath.

Thanks Brian, this appears to be a major step and not all that easy... I'm surprised it is not included in the step by step instruction

Also I don't see how the mic cover can be removed from the old assembly

I just figured out the mic cover...thanks

One final question, is it necessary to apply some adhesive to the old metal clip to hold the new piece which I believe is associated with the touch id sensor?

If there is no adhesive left on the clip after removal , then yes add a small dab.

pjg1600 will be eternally grateful.