iPhone 6 gets really hot after screen replacement

Hello guys!! I fixed it an iPhone 6 for a customer on Saturday everything was ok but I didn't test the phone. The customer came on Monday and he says that the ear speaker won't work.

I open the phone everything is connected properly on the front camera ear speaker but the phone gets really hot and the front camera and ear speaker doesn't work. You guys have any idea?

Best.

same case with me. after the replacement of screen, my iphone 5s is really easy to get hot, and now and then it have no response when i touch the screen.

Well I just replaced the front camera cable for a new one and problem solve, the best option is to replace that cable for a new one.

Best.

Try cleaning the board and flex connections with pure rubbing alcohol and a clean soft toothbrush before buying anything.

Most Helpful Answer

Hi Julio,

It sounds like you may have damaged the front camera flex cable, replacing this should help. :-)

Same here, I am sure I ruined the front facing camera assembly, battery draining really quickly.

I had the same problem but I solved it.

Face camera and ear speaker were not working however proximity sensor was... weird... however I bought a new cable (really cheap, ~$10) and now works perfectly fine.

For future repairs.. be really careful when plugging those cables back, they are relatively weak and can be damaged even without noticing!

Anytime a phone overheats it's almost always short related. Always check to make sure parts you're installing doesn't have exposed metal to metal contact and looks identical to the original. Visual inspection goes a long way to prevent future damage.

Hey I'm wondering if this solution worked for you, I am having all of the same problems after replacing my 6 plus screen. Phone runs very hot (near the top of device, almost 100% sure it's not the battery although the batter does drain much quicker than it used to) The ear speaker does not work nor does the front facing camera. So did this solution solve your problems? I am driving myself crazy one issue after the other.

okay you need to readjust the front facing camera/earpiece assembly because you obviously did it wrong. It also helps to watch a youtube video on how to repair it before you fix the phone so you're aware of how the cable assembly is placed

this is crucial in making sure your phone works properly!!!!!

Okay thanks for the confirmation, I know it was pretty obvious but I was just making sure all the problems were related (ie battery life) I used to work as an iPhone repair tech so I have a decent knowledge of what I'm doing (not that it means much lol, I've seen plenty of repairs gone wrong in a professional environment) I just don't remember the flex cables being as delicate on the 5s and older! Thanks for the reply though!

My phone keeps restarting and my front camera processor I believe it is called is really hot what should I do ?

i have this issue as well and the phone gets hot around the earpiece after a while battery seems to drain fast as well screen has a wite cloud like line under the earpiece and can only be seen on white pages earpiece has a low buzzing as well p.s. i also noticed the front camera is kinda foggy could this be water damage top portion of screen is kinda sticking out of the frame please help!

hey--this happened to my son's phone--screen replaced at ifixit kiosk april 30, he's now backpacking in S America and the phone started draining battery, screen hot and then screen went black. He's nowhere near civilization (traveling up the Amazon) for a while--is there anything he can do to get his phone to work?

Julio Osilia will be eternally grateful.