Replaced a cracked screen with iFixit part, now Touch ID doesn't work

Replaced a cracked screen with iFixit part, now Touch ID doesn't work. Transferred the home button over without any issues, no damage to any cables or connectors. When I try to set up Touch ID, I get a "Failed" screen. Home button works perfectly otherwise.

Any ideas?

This is the screen:

http://forums.imore.com/attachments/ipho...

Took it apart again, the home button, ribbon cable, and connectors all look fine. No tears or apparent defects. Going to have the owner try a restore.

Try holding home and power button till Apple logo appears. Try reset settings to default. You can try restore, too. If nothing helped, try to reconnect the cable (maybe the connectors just don't snap to each other correctly).

If he restore, he has 50/50 to stuck on error 53!

No he doesn't, because he connected original home button and it works except Touch ID (that's what he said). I saw somebody has similar problem and he solved it by reconnecting flex cable.

Thanks. I'll take it apart again and try to re-seat the connector.

Did you replaced the HomeButton? If yes then replaced it again with the original.

If you didnt replaced the HomeButton probably you have damaged the cable. It is very sensitive.

It's the original home button, I only have 1. I did not damage the cable, as the home button works and I've inspected the ribbon for damage.

I will take a look on mother board for damaged chip...

ericmwinchester will be eternally grateful.