The Xbox 7MN-0001 Wireless Controller, was manufactured by Microsoft Corporation. It is the first generation Xbox One controller released, but has since been discontinued. This controller has since been supersuded by Models 1697/1698 and Model 1708. While this controller is commonly used with the Xbox One, it can also be used for PC gaming.

Why can't my controller detect headset

Just recently my xbox one controller won't detect my xbox one official headset. I tried using other alternative like plugging the xbox one official headset adapter but the controller still can't detect the headset. The light on the mute button won't light up when I pressed it

I have the same problem... my headset use to work now it won’t even detect any headset.

This has just started happening to our console aswell only had it since Christmas!! Can't solve this problem , does anyone no how to ?

New Battery = Faster iPhone
Fix Kits starting at $16.99

I had the same problem... It has something to do with the multi-use port being broken... Has it always been that way or did it just start doing it? If it has always done that you have a faulty controller and if it's new you should be able to get a replacement from Xbox support.

Is this also true for the 3.5mm port. My sons just stopped detecting the mic

Like on the newer controllers?

P.S. Make sure the mic is on in the guide (double tap home and at the bottom there should be a settings area)

We have the Xbox One, and my son just recently started using the headset..he would get the cannot detect mic message on and off, and now it just says every time he tries to use a headset. We have tried going through the settings, tried multiple headsets, etc. I bought this bundle in either June/July, and it came with 2 controllers. Both controllers have this issue, so I am curious to know whether this is a common issue for this console. Very frustrating!!

Are you useing the 3.5mm headphone jack or the proprietary puck?

Im getting this alot too, ive heard its something to do with a little metal sqaure thingy in the port, it comes loose and stops the mics from being detected. Dont bother getting new mics over and over again, thats what i did, just get a new controller :)

can i fix the controller?

I had the same issue, I updated the firmware on the controller and then restart everything, this fixed the problem. The problem seems to be known to Microsoft as it's on the front page of their controller support area: https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-one/...

Instructions from site:

1 Sign in to Xbox Live on your Xbox One console and install the latest system update if prompted to do so.

2 If you have a stereo headset adapter, plug it into the bottom of your controller so it can also get updates.

3 If you're using a stereo headset adapter, plug in a headset (a headset must be plugged in so the adapter will turn on).

4 Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

5 Select System > Kinect & devices > Devices & accessories, and then select the controller you want to update.

6 Select Device info, select the Firmware version box, and then select Continue.

7 When the update is complete, you can update additional controllers.

They provide instructions on how to update via USB and PC if this doesn't work.

Hope this solves your issue!

Adriel will be eternally grateful.