Early 2011 model, A1278 / 2.3 GHz i5 or 2.7 GHz i7 processor.

Is my dc broke or is it a fuse?

Hi guys, so yesterday i was so smart to Think that i could repair my magsafe charger, by following youtube videoes Etc. When i was Finished i tried to put in the magsafe in my MBP to see if it Would work. The green/orange charging light didnt show up and it was like the power was off - however after just a couple of seconds ( probably 2) it smelled a little burned and i turned off immediatly. After that there were some Black marks inside the dc on the mbp. To be clear the mbp was turned on and nothing happened, it didnt register the charger Etc.

When I used my other magsafe charger (Which I know Works and had just used minutes before) didnt do anything as Well when connecting now..

So it looks like the dc itself might be burned out, or Maybe a fuse if there's such? The battery was still Working but it just cant charge now. I tried the basic stuff like resetting the SMC and trying a third charger, but it wont work. Hope You guys Can help me. Will try to upload pics as well :-)

UPDATE: I removed the battery and tried to put in the charger, and it didnt charge. Then it must be something with the dc or a fuse. But I still dont know.

MacBook Battery Fix Kits

Starting at $69.99

MacBook Battery Fix Kits

Starting at $69.99

One of the very few cases where it actually is the DC in board. Buy replacement 820-2565.

Burning leaves visible damage. Unscrew everything and go over the boards until you find it.

Show us a picture.

jessa

Rasmus Sandager will be eternally grateful.