A wide range of repair guides and support for the consumer-grade laptop computer line by Toshiba.

Toshiba Satellite P50-A Bios password removal

I have a nearly year old Toshiba Satellite P50-A. Recently I shut down the computer to install windows updates and when I booted up again it went through the Toshiba splash screen and then prompted "Enter password". I know this is the bios password however I am positive I did not set it. I have already tried removing it by taking out the battery and CMOS battery and draining power but that did not work. I also tried using "Toshiba" and "TOSHIBA" as I have seen them listed as backdoor passwords. I cannot find the reset pins anywhere on the motherboard and no one online has had this problem on as new of a laptop as mine. Toshiba no longer covers this under warranty so I need some help! Thanks.

I have a nearly year old Toshiba Satellite P55t-c5114 . Recently I shut down the computer to install windows updates and when I booted up again it went through the Toshiba splash screen and then prompted "Enter password". I know this is the bios password however I am positive I did not set it. I have already tried removing it by taking out the battery and CMOS battery and draining power but that did not work. I also tried using "Toshiba" and "TOSHIBA" as I have seen them listed as backdoor passwords. I cannot find the reset pins anywhere on the motherboard and no one online has had this problem on as new of a laptop as mine. Toshiba no longer covers this under warranty so I need some help! Thanks.

I couldn't get the laptop to boot from CD so I resumed looking over the motherboard for a reset pin. Eventually I found 2, JRST2002 and JRST2501. I found that JRST2501 did the trick! Just jumped it while booting and it wiped the password. I hope this helps anyone with my same problem!

where are the pins can you send me a picture??

Thank you!!! I got a great deal on a Toshiba Satellite P55T-A5202 for under 200$ but it had a bios password which was successfully resolved by shorting the JRST2501 pins as mentioned. Thanks again good sir

I have the same problem on a P50A. Powered up while shorting JRST2501 and it worked. Fantastic! Thank you very much. Hated to strip and discard this computer. Only a little over a year old.

Glad I could help! Toshina charges 70 bucks for them to fix a problem that can't be predicted or prevented. Sad that it happens on nearly brand new computers

I need a picture, please!!!!!!!!!!!

Your sound like virus attack to bios. i suggest you to flash bios

you can get flash loader from below link

https://support.toshiba.com/support/view...

Note: you own risk to flashing bios. make sure you are running with unprintable power supply if your battery unstable.

Cheers!

Thanks! I will give it a try

I just posted a pic of the P50A motherboard showing JRST2501. It is the center pair of the three that are right by the sd card reader metal cover. The pic is on the media manager.

Okay just figured this out. Here is the pic.

I have Toshiba dynabook satellite k21. I have forgot the bios supervisor password. How can I remove the password?

Austin P will be eternally grateful.