This repair manual covers both the short-wheelbase Caravan and long-wheelbase Grand Caravan models.

won't start, no power to anything

I have a 2002 Dodge Caravan when I turn the Key to start I get nothing, no lights, no nothing

if the key is in the on or off position still nothing, no dash lights no headlights no nothing.

nothing also with a battery charger on the battery.

I've removed the cables to clean them but still nothing

we drove it to the store last night and back no problems,

got home turned it off went to start it this morning and there was a fast clicking sound coming from the back of the motor compartment. tried to start it, nothing no noise at all even the clicking stopped. turn the key off and the clicking started up again I figured the batt. was dead so I charged it. still nothing.

the cables were dirty so I took them off and cleaned them, still nothing.

but after I put the cables back on the fast clicking was not there no more. and the key was beeping. as soon as I tried to start it everything went off and nothing again

what could be wrong

This sounds like a very dead battery to me. Of course it will run after it is started, the current is provided bt the alternator. If the battery has caps on it, remove them and check the cells to see if they are properly filled with distilled water. Then run your trickle charger on it for a few hours. If it is a sealed battery, replace it.

I've charged the battery and it hasn't changed anything

no lights won't turn over no lights no nothing...

even with the battery charger on boast it still has nothing.

I mean it's like the battery is out of the car but it's all hooked up right

OK you were right I replaced the battery and it now works like it should,

THANKS SO MUCH!!!!

John

Glad I could help.

John will be eternally grateful.