Fourth generation iPhone. Repair is straightforward, but the front glass and LCD must be replaced as a unit. GSM / 8, 16, or 32 GB capacity / Model A1332 / Black and White.

How do I retrieve pictures from broken water damaged phone?

My iPhone 4 was cracked and dropped into a pool and it won't turn on at all.

I was wondering if there was anyway I could get my pictures back even though I had iCloud turned off.

Most Helpful Answer

The only way is to repair the device and hope it does not need an restore to function again. Beyond that. You can not retrieve your data another way from a waterdamaged phone. Sorry about that.

You may be able to repair the phone by replacing the battery and cleaning the logic board and other parts such as the cable connections with 90% or higher isopropyl alcohol and a small soft bristle brush such as a toothbrush. This helps remove conductive and corrosive minerals left behind by water and other liquids when they dry.

The battery is usually the first thing to fail when water damage occurrs. So try replacing the battery.

There are guides on this site and plenty of instructional videos on YouTube that can show how to clean with isopropyl alcohol. This may be able to revive the phone so you can retrieve the photos yourself.

I do believe there are ways to retrieve data from a dead phone but they can be quite expensive and very technical. JTAG is one I have heard of which is used by forensics to recover data.

So it seems that you should get your iPhone repaired first. Don't boot your phone after water damaged. If you want to retrieve your pictures, check out the backup files in iTunes and iCloud first. But if you haven't backup before, try to use some data recovery toolkit to assist you to recover them.

Hope this can help you retrieve lost pictures from broken water damaged iPhone. Good luck to you!

If you have a iTunes backup file, you can recover your data by extracting from iTunes backup file without your iPhone, and you can use Coolmuster Data Recovery for iPhone iPad iPod to help, i found it works great. Know more: http://goo.gl/2ZDweJ

You can just export iphone pitures from itunes backup ,if you have done backup.Using some tool to then export iphone pictures it takes minutes.

How to extract pictures from damadged iphone 4/4s

As far as I know, if your water damaged iPhone still can be recognized by the computer, you still have a chance to retrieve pictures from it by using any third-party iPhone data recovery tool such as Joyoshare iPhone Data Recovery. Since your phone cannot turn on any more, restoring iTunes or iCloud backup files seems to be meaningless.

I get another solution to safely and easily recover lost photos from iPhone, the Data recovery—Vibosoft iDataRescuer for Windows, which is powerful enough to recover all lost files from iphone, ipad, ipod and more devices, with the help of this tool , you will be able to recover the lost images from your iphone with ease.

http://goo.gl/IfyvnZ

Score -1

these answers are always spam. don't waste your time.

Karla Snow will be eternally grateful.