Repair guides and support for your Samsung TV.

My tv screen stays black when turned on but I have sound

What model is your TV? What have you checked?

Samsung 46 inch Ln46d550 I read on opening TV and cutting a wire but not sure which on for this model.

I know this is a Samsung q/a board but there is no q/a for Emerson.

Hi @scottecamel,

If you post your 'comment' regarding the problem with your TV as a new question you will hopefully get helpful answers.

Have you got a DMM (Digital MultiMeter) at all? If so with the power cord disconnected from the wall outlet, using the DMM (Ohmmeter function) place the meter leads across the power cord pins (i.e. test back into the TV) and see if you get a reading at all. If not you can start tracing the power path (you should get a reading up to where the fuse is, as you said it was blown.

BTW here is some info regarding the TV

https://www.cnet.com/products/emerson-lc...

The quick and dirty way to possibly fix it given that the problem occurred after a power outage is to replace the power board and hope that the problem did not spread further than the power board and that the fuse and closely associated components bore the brunt of it..

Here is a link to just one supplier. Scroll down to find the board. There are other if you search online

I do have a DMM, but the cord doesn't unplug from the back of the TV like a Samsung does. It is connected inside the the cover.

Sean colgan, it seems most likely that the problem is either the backlight or the power supply for it. Samsungs have a well-known issue with bad caps in the PSU section. Check those first. Of course you do want to make sure that your TV is unplugged. Leave it unplugged for a couple of hours (overnight) Of course you also want to try a different video source. More information when we know what model this is.

Check the diodes on the power supply. Those have a tendency of failing on this model.

I have the same problem (monitor goes black after 2 seconds, but the sound is still working). Could it also be the diodes?

Checked them and they seem to be okay.. However, I did see a small brown (looks burned) spot on the white side of the printboard. Right next to a diode.

Will investigate with a multimeter later today.

Edit: investigated the diode. Diode seems okay, the printplate however, the contacts of the diode are a little burned.

Should I change the diode and repair the back of the plate?

(Samsung P2770HD)

hello

make sure your cables are plugged in all the way if your using av cables the make sure they go in to the right spot you might have the audio plugged in all the way and the video might be loose.

another thing is to try to see if Bulb in the tv is new if not you can probably order them from your tv company.

hope this helps!

Vincent L, What Bulb?

it's to let the tv have color and light for example without the bulb in the tv, nothing will show even if you have cables plugged in.

Its an LCD display with CCFL tubes as a backlight. Is that the bulb you are referring to?

Sean colgan will be eternally grateful.