Released June 2012 / Core i7 processor with Turbo Boost / Up to 1 GB DDR5 Video RAM

The screens backlight is not working, why?

A cup of water spilled on the my MacBook Pros keyboard, now the backlight is no longer working. How can I repaired it?

Can you give us the last four digits of your serial number so we can correctly identify your system. Apple made quite a few versions which are different inside.

When the water fell on the Mac.

I turn off the Mac and began cleaning and drying

i restart the Mac after 2 h.

Everything works except lighting

Graphics look invisible,

When the screen is under the sun lighting

Or flash mobile or ligth.

today i will send to you last four digits of your serial number

thank you

here is the last four digits of my mac serial number DV33

Provide 820 number of the logic board, like 820-2915, 820-2523, it will be written on the board. Then we can go through troubleshooting from there.

If you haven't already, clean up any of the water externally and you'll need to disconnect the battery so no further damage happens. Don't turn your system on or charge it! these will also cause more damage until you have cleaned out any remaining water and corrosion.

Time is the essence here! You don't want the system sit wet and that will damage things as well. Keep the system cool to slow down the galvanic corrosion.

Follow this IFIXIT guide to take your system apart: MacBook Pro 15" Unibody Mid 2012 Logic Board Replacement At least get to Step 4 disconnecting the battery. Then using a cotton swab with some distilled water carefully clean up any staining then go over the spots again with a high grade of Isopropyl alcohol (85% or better) to help in drying things out. Take a picture of any damaged and post it here for us to see. Don't forget you'll need to do both sides of the logic board.

joan will be eternally grateful.