Black and silver single cup coffee maker with water reservoir on the left hand side. K40/K45.

Add water, Heating, and Medium cup buttons flash but no coffee!

I recently moved cities and after unpacking I noticed my Keurig is no longer working. When I turn my Keurig on, the machine will display the add water, heating and medium cup buttons and they will all be blinking. I tried to replace the external water reservoir and even opened up the bottom of the Keurig to drain the internal reservoir however I have not seen any results. If anyone has had a similar problem, please feel free on what to do in order to fix this.

Most Helpful Answer

I see this is an old post but just in case anybody else runs across it I had the same problem. When you remove the top cover of the water reservoir the Overflow elbow at the top of the reservoir should be clear silicone looking plug your finger over the top of it open the Keurig K-Cup holder close it back hit the Brew button with your finger still held over the elbow and it should Purge the air from the line and get you back to working

I tried Josh's idea but it started blinking again. So, I pulled the entire water reservoir off the Keurig, held over the sink and push in on the water value (on the bottom of the reservoir) and let some water out. Turned off Keurig, reattached the water reservoir and turned it back on. Opened and shut the K-cup lid. and made a cup of coffee.

None of these are working for me. Same lights come on - middle cup, ad water, and the red heating light come on. Any other great ideas? The Keurig hotline was no help. Thank you

Thanks so much for taking the time to answer this question! It saved me a lot of trouble and frustration this morning! :)

I tried all those with no luck. However, I pushed the "Auto Off" and the "Power" buttons at the same for several seconds and that did the trick. The water in the reservoir started to heat properly and now I am descaling my Keurig to sale in our garage sale.

Had same code. The top needle that punctures the K-Cup was clogged. Turn off..Remove water tank... Open K-Cup basket... Tilt machine back enough to see pin.... Carefully insert a needle or pin to clear the obstruction. I then ran a few large cups through with No cup in basket to flush out the grounds. Repeat if necessary.

Ryan Bialaszewski will be eternally grateful.