Comprehensive set of repair guides for playthings for children of all ages.

Why does Fisher-Price Spike the Ultra Dinosaur stop working?

All of his functions -- lights, jungle sounds, mouth movement, rearing up, roaring, lashing tail -- work, except for walking. When the walk button is pushed, Spike turns himself off and two lights on his back flash. His electronics can be re-set by turning the power/volume switch off and on or by pressing the red reset button, but if I try once more to get him to walk forward or to either side, he turns himself off again. The rechargeable battery works; I even bought a new charger. The batteries in the remote are fresh.

This is apparently a common problem with this wonderful toy.

I have spike the ultra dinosaur. I purchased brand new batteries for him and all of his functions work except walking and any other function requiring the use of spikes legs.He starts to walk and shuts down. After he shuts down 4 lights on the back of his neck flash. Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

Please help!

Thank your

MacBook Battery Fix Kits

Starting at $69.99

MacBook Battery Fix Kits

Starting at $69.99

I have the answer, and my Spike is working better than ever.

It was the battery pack. Have someone replace the rechargeable batteries with the same or slightly stronger rechargeable batteries.

A lady at Fischer-Price suggested I find a hobbyist who likes to solve problems. I took my Spike to the local train store, where a hobby problem-solver examined him in great detail. Everything was working, including the little motherboard inside.

He replaced the battery pack. Spike is alive again.

What kind of battery did u replaced or how many volts and amps on the battery thanks

Here is the charger I bought. I'm not sure which battery pack, but it may be the one listed on this Amazon page as "frequently bought together." I can't check it because I gave my Spike to a friend's child. You might measure the pocket in your Spike to see if it would fit. I would also check with an experienced hobbyist at a train or hobby store to make sure the voltage is ok.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001AV...

My Dinasours eyes and mouth will not open the eyes are closed and so it is mouth

Mike will be eternally grateful.