Comprehensive set of repair guides for playthings for children of all ages.

Why does Fisher-Price Spike the Ultra Dinosaur stop working?

All of his functions -- lights, jungle sounds, mouth movement, rearing up, roaring, lashing tail -- work, except for walking. When the walk button is pushed, Spike turns himself off and two lights on his back flash. His electronics can be re-set by turning the power/volume switch off and on or by pressing the red reset button, but if I try once more to get him to walk forward or to either side, he turns himself off again. The rechargeable battery works; I even bought a new charger. The batteries in the remote are fresh.

This is apparently a common problem with this wonderful toy.

I have the answer, and my Spike is working better than ever.

It was the battery pack. Have someone replace the rechargeable batteries with the same or slightly stronger rechargeable batteries.

A lady at Fischer-Price suggested I find a hobbyist who likes to solve problems. I took my Spike to the local train store, where a hobby problem-solver examined him in great detail. Everything was working, including the little motherboard inside.

He replaced the battery pack. Spike is alive again.

What kind of battery did u replaced or how many volts and amps on the battery thanks

Here is the charger I bought. I'm not sure which battery pack, but it may be the one listed on this Amazon page as "frequently bought together." I can't check it because I gave my Spike to a friend's child. You might measure the pocket in your Spike to see if it would fit. I would also check with an experienced hobbyist at a train or hobby store to make sure the voltage is ok.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001AV...

Mike will be eternally grateful.