Device turning off after screen replacement

OK, so I dropped an iphone 6 and the screen was a mess (both the glass and the LCD). The screen protudes a little on one side due to a slight bend in the frame. After a new screen, which works perfectly, I'm now finding that the device turns itself off after 5mins except when it is connected to a power source.

Has the repair guy done something wrong? Or is the phone just broken? Will apple repair it out of warranty or is there something I can do?

1st try a new battery.

Power management ic gone bad from physical damage if another battery has already been tried.

Nothing to do with the person that repaired it.

You have to damage the phone pretty bad for it to happen. Especially on the right side of the screen. Any iPhone 5 or higher with damage inside LCD indicates the phone has been physically damaged pretty badly.

Most Helpful Answer

Once an iPhone is fixed by someone other then Apple, you automatically void any existing warranties from Apple. Now, Apple will most likely fix it as an out of warranty product, which will be a crazy price for the 6. My guess is that the proximity sensor flex cable is a dud and needs to be replaced. Hope this helps.

for the last 3hrs I have been scouring the internet looking for what is wrong and it was this answer that has saved me from taking a hammer to my phone!!

Put the phone in DFU mode and restore it again with Itunes. Then the iphone will work normal again.

does that mean "Dun Effed Up"

@smitje007, you still believe in fairytails.

TelN will be eternally grateful.