iPhone 6 home button won't work but Touch ID does

I recently got my phone screen replaced after it got shattered. After taking t home, I checked the Touch ID which was working fine but the home button isn't working.

Need more info. Is the touch ID working? Or is the home button not doing anything when you press it? Use this to troubleshoot..

how exactly is this THE MOST HELPFUL ANSWER ?

Same issue here TouchID is fine, Home button isn't...

Could you explain this more?

Does it click in? Or do you mean it doesn't work because it doesn't click in? Or does it click in and not work?

If it doesn't click in, it's probably because they have tightened the screws a little too much under the home button, this tends to happen with aftermarket LCD's.

If the cable was damaged to the button, then Touch ID wouldn't work either.

I repaced the screen and with the home button screws just snug it seems to jam the button. Loosen them a bit and when you grab the phone at the bottom Siri comes on. What should I do?

I just had the same problem when replacing myself the screen of my iphone 6.

Touch ID worked well but not the Home button

I found out that the home button has, at it center, a small black round connector that you must absolutely align with the same shaped small metal connector of the metal plate that you place above the home button.

If those two aren't well aligned, it won't work.

I hope my explaination was clear

The click mechanism still works when pushing from the back side of the button with the phone open & home button bracket removed. After four attempts at aligning these better I still couldn't get the home button to click with the phone reassembled. (Touch ID still works). Any additional tips on alignment appreciated.

Hello Mr jermuy I have IPhone 6 I replaced LED screen and home bottom togather but Touch ID doesn't work I return old home bottom still doesn't work plz help me what I can do thanks

NEVER change the Touch ID on iphone 6 because if you restore the phone without the original Touch ID you will put get error code 53.

Very true, there is no work around this one.

Error 53 no longer exists, it was patched.

Most likely they damaged the home button receiver which sometimes damages either Touch ID or back/home button function...

ive had that problem this the most likely reason!

Any result of the phone now working?

I have changed a screen today and the home button is not working as well as the finger ID isn't working either, I was very careful removing all parts and I heard if u change the home button u will get error 53 but if I change the part that you pictured will it also brick the iPhone 6?

No it will not brick, error 53 no longer exists.

I got the exact same issue and read several blogs with no result. Then i switched backed to my old display assembly with still the same home button. It was working fine again. The problem was the display assembly from iFixit. I have now requested an new one. Tried to switch between old and new display several times with same result.

1) first check all connector, reconnect all and check

2)if still not working,change flex cable,check through hard restart

3)if still not,just replace flex cable and update your iPhone through OTA update(go to setting and software update)(don't use offline firmware or restore with new version.i did same thing and result was 0,After that i used OTA update in 2 iPhone 6 and got success)

Depending on where you went for this, you should go back to the store and make sure they didn't misplaced anything close to the home button. It's probably due to bad contacts inside the phone.

They said they can look at it and replace it but will replacing it cause it to lose Touch ID?

home button damaged? A brand new white iPhone 6 home button and flex cable assembly will restore your phones menu functions if it was damaged.

This will fix home button but will lose touch ID function.

yeah, also if you update it it will most likely brick your phone. I mean it will get stuck in restore mode.

Opening the device and checking the connections to the button would be the first step. If everything is connected properly then they probably damaged the button and you are either stuck without a home button or lose touch id.

I did a DIY after water damage and my backlight is out and home button has this issue. I have no answer just jumping on the boat with this one. O Yea, and it randomly reboots every 15-20 minutes. But other than thats its doing great. I just tried loosening the screws to the home button and once it charges up I'll let you know if that helped. I am assuming the ribbon cable down by the button is the one I should be worried about and that connector? Or should I also double and triple check one of the cables that connect the screen to Logicboard?

Same problem here! Touch ID works just fine. But the home button isn't working properly.. It does click and sometimes responds, but most of the time I have to wake the phone up by the power button. Sometimes the button works well for a while, and sometimes it doesn't do anything. I've tried opening it and find the problem, but I can't find why it does not work properly.

Does anybody recognize this problem and knows a fix?

If it doesn't click at all, this is because there is no rubber on the button.

But if you can hear the click and only touch ID working, it look like the button is not connected correctly.

IF Apple have coded the TouchID into the phone directly somehow then you either have TouchID using the original home button, or, you have Home Button use and no TouchID.

I have swapped the metal backing as well as the screen, as far as I can see there is no damage to the Home Button/TouchID assembly or the ribbon cables.

Phone has been updated as well and didn't brick.

What we need is someone that can write something that'll recode a TouchID sensor to a phone if the assembly is swapped..

I did wonder this on mine as I've seen the "nipple" move on previous iPhones, I'll take it to bits again and see if it lines up..

Right, have taken the phone to bits again and tested the "nipple" its not working still, so, next time I get another 6+ sat on my desk I'll try the screen and the backing cable off of that with the sensor/home button off of this phone and see if its the cable or the home button part itself thats borked..

Some days ago , my iPhone 6 was working very well. One day , i discovered that the Home Button is not responsibly as it was. One click - nothing. One click - it works. And so. The Touch ID was working as well. Okay, one more day and the Home Button just died. Touch ID still worked. And one more day , Home Button and Touch ID died. Wtf,really? I did nothing to my phone and it was just like magic. Boom and my home button and touch id is gone ,but why,no idea...

I had the same problem, and the flex cable was the culprit.

I didn't think the OEM cable got damaged, but picked up a new one, it didn't work, also tried a new home button, still not working.

I then tried another flex cable and was extremly carefull installing it, when I screwed the backplate back on I was carefull not to put any preassure on the cable and this time it worked :).

Seems like these flex cables are extremly fragile.

qnnxo will be eternally grateful.