Model A1051 / 4 or 6 GB hard drive

Why doesn't my click wheel work after I changed the battery?

The new battery charged up fine and the display is fine, but nothing happens when I push the click wheel. When I reassembled after putting in the new battery, it did not seem as if the orange click wheel ribbon stuck back onto the logic board; I hoped the metal bracket would hold it down in the right way, but apparently not. Is this fixable? Thanks!

Most Helpful Answer

Sounds like you did not properly seat the connector back into the board. I would take it apart once again and make sure you properly seat the click wheel connector in it.s socket before attempting to close. just hope you didn't damage the connector on either end when you closed it without properly seating it. Use this guide here

+ Ralph

Like Majesty said, you most likely did not seat the connector properly back in place. If it is seated properly, however, then you may have damaged the connector or ribbon cable when working on the unit.

ekeeling will be eternally grateful.