Repair and disassembly guides for Mixers.

My Kitchenaid mixer won't start.

My KitchenAid Mixer is only a bit over a year old.

Last week I was using it to make bread dough. I stopped the mixer to touch the dough to see how it was coming. It wouldn't turn back on, the mixer was a little warm so I decided to finish kneading by hand and let it cool off.

I never thought of it again until I went to make brownies today and it still wouldn't start. Tried a different plugin and no dice.

What I've done:

I checked the brushes on the sides of the mixer, they look in perfect condition. Also made sure they were inserted properly.

I checked the switch itself by taking off the back cover and used a multimeter to check that when switch is on, it was making a connection.

Did you use the multimeter on the wall outlet?

Have you checked to see if you actually have power to the motor. Most mixers have a thermal fuse that may have failed on yours. Disassemble it and post lots of images with your question

I tested the voltage across the motor and am seeing a fluctuation between -0.7 and 0.5 volts when set to first speed.

I disassembled the mixer to remove the top from the mount and could see that the gears were all fine. I then realized that this doesn't give me access to anything electrical. It appears the motor assembly can slide out the back only having to remove the back cover?

Hi, did you get the problem solved? If yes, how? Thanks!

If I have correctly identified the type of mixer you have, here is a link to the Service Manual:

http://www.kitchenaidparts.eu/documents/...

I bought a KitchenAid mixer yesterday at Walmart and try to use it today but will not start at all.

Llewlits will be eternally grateful.