Repair and disassembly guides for Mixers.

My Kitchenaid mixer won't start.

My KitchenAid Mixer is only a bit over a year old.

Last week I was using it to make bread dough. I stopped the mixer to touch the dough to see how it was coming. It wouldn't turn back on, the mixer was a little warm so I decided to finish kneading by hand and let it cool off.

I never thought of it again until I went to make brownies today and it still wouldn't start. Tried a different plugin and no dice.

What I've done:

I checked the brushes on the sides of the mixer, they look in perfect condition. Also made sure they were inserted properly.

I checked the switch itself by taking off the back cover and used a multimeter to check that when switch is on, it was making a connection.

Did you use the multimeter on the wall outlet?

Have you checked to see if you actually have power to the motor. Most mixers have a thermal fuse that may have failed on yours. Disassemble it and post lots of images with your question

I tested the voltage across the motor and am seeing a fluctuation between -0.7 and 0.5 volts when set to first speed.

I disassembled the mixer to remove the top from the mount and could see that the gears were all fine. I then realized that this doesn't give me access to anything electrical. It appears the motor assembly can slide out the back only having to remove the back cover?

If I have correctly identified the type of mixer you have, here is a link to the Service Manual:

http://www.kitchenaidparts.eu/documents/...

Llewlits will be eternally grateful.