A 10.1" Android Internet tablet released in 2014 by NuVision. Its key features include 1280 x 800 Display, WiFi, Bluetooth®, micro USB, mini HD, headphone jack and two cameras.

Why won't my tablet power on?

My NuVision TM1088 will not start up and has no lights.

The battery might need to be charged or the battery could be broken. Try turning on the device while it is plugged in. If it turns on then you might need a new battery.

Press the power button and the volume down button for ten seconds. This tablet can be frustrating but it is one of the lowest priced versions on the market. Think "lowest bidder". It does what I bought it for - monitoring temperatures for my outdoor grill. During the times the built in wifi decides not to connect, I have a usb wifi adapter that fill in.

Worst thing to buy, after a week the battery died. I try to turn it on but it just does nothing, doesn't charge or ever turn on. Is it dead? Last night it took me FOUR hours to turn it back on. Please help.

Nathaniel Nasman will be eternally grateful.