2.26 or 2.4 GHz / White plastic unibody enclosure

I have to put pressure on the bezel to see

Macbook 2.0 GHz core duo. Display problem, white screen with vertical lines. If pressure is applied on bezel screen flashes and the graphics are visible, if pressure is released white screen comes back. Anyone know what the problem could be. Thanks, Sandy

Where exactly are you applying the pressure? Just to pin point if it can be the cabling.

I am applying the pressure 2 to 3 inches to the right of the top left corner on the bezel. I have been informed that the macbook was dropped just prior to this problem. I hope that information can aid in your answer.

Sandy

Sandy, from the symptoms you described I would suspect the LCD panel electronic board as the culprit for your display problem. That means a LCD replacement. It could also be a faulty or bad seated LVDS (video cable) that brings the image from the logic board to the LCD panel but I would be surprised if it was the case. Seems to be a bad connection in one of the LCD main board component.

+ Ralph

Sandy will be eternally grateful.