How to remove iPhone display assembly

After replacing a friend's iPhone screen, I found that I needed to reseat some display cables, but I couldn't get the new display back open. My suction cup would come off before the display would budge. Does anyone know another way?

Apple Watch Kits

Screen and battery repairs just got easier.

Apple Watch Kits

Most Helpful Answer

At the Headphone Jack corner, just above the Headphone Jack port, the front screen frame has a very thin area which can accommodate a thin pry tool. The tip of a razor blade could be used. Carefully insert the tip down between the iPhone frame and the screen frame about half a mm, and pry up the screen. Be careful not to damage either frame. Look at an old screen to see this area.

Thanks! I tried that, and it worked, but the display only moved a tiny bit... Would I put a pick in to hold the display?

Jake will be eternally grateful.