The Mac Pro is an Intel Xeon-based workstation computer manufactured by Apple Inc. The Mac Pro, in most configurations, is the fastest computer that Apple offers, and is one of three desktop computers in the current Macintosh lineup.

External Drive Ejects during file transfer

I am using a 2012 Mac Pro Intel and I attempt to transfer files between hard drives that are USB 3.0 connected, as well as other connections from time to time.

More often than not the drives I am copying to will disconnect during the transfer.

the USB 3.0 card I am using is:

[Black Edition,Power Cable included,Compatible with Mac OS X V 10.7.5 or Later and Windows] ORICO PME-4U USB 3.0 4 Port PCI Express to USB3.0 Host Controller Adapter Card , Advanced Version of ORICO PFU3-4P

Thoughts?

This man knows how to ask a good question, per review of all of them! But has never accepted an answer, Your Bad.

Most Helpful Answer

I've had some problems on Mac Pros after upgrading systems sometimes. Even Sonnet cards. Sometimes I have had to wait for new drivers to be developed. The first thing I would do is go to their site and check for driver updates or discussions about system limits and their cards.

Thanks for the info, I hadn't thought to look for driver updates. This is the 2nd USB 3.0 card I have had. The 1st card seemed to work better but the company said that if I upgraded my OS to 10.10 it wouldn't work. So I did research on this card and in the first month or so it worked well, but not lately.

We may have found it then, did the problems start after a system update?

Unfortunately that computer is at the office, so I will have to give it a try when I get in tomorrow. Update coming soon! Thanks again.

David Weldon will be eternally grateful.