Hot tubs, sometimes also known as spas or by the trade name Jacuzzi, are basins of hot water often with jets for massage purposes.

Is there a reset button somewhere around heater, or motor?

Overfilled hot tub, it shut off. Now I can't get heater to come on . Is there a reset button somewhere ?

Most Helpful Answer

There are generally two "hard resets" in hot tubs, the GFCI, and the high limit reset. The GFCI pops if there is any type of electrical short (such as water getting into the heating element, the reset on that can be in one of three places. 1-at the circuit breaker, 2-at the plug outlet or on the end of the cord (110 volt models, or 3- on the pack located near the heater chamber.

The high limit pops if the water in the heater chamber gets to hot, this interrupts the heating circuit. Generally speaking, it's a small red button that is also located on the control pack, if it is out (stiff), then it is popped. There are many different brands, about 95% are this way.

If either one is tripped, there is usually something that caused it, as they are both for safety. I could help further if needed.

pmac5 will be eternally grateful.