The Kenmore 90 Series is a washing machine manufactured by Kenmore.

The washer does not spin out fully leaving the jeans wet

We have a series 90 Heavy Duty washer, model number 110.92591220, and following the spin cycle our jeans and heavy garments still are wet and require a longer dying time.

What could cause this change of washer performance?

Bill Tuszynski, this is a direct drive model. There is no drive belt etc. If the motor coupling would have failed, it would not agitate etc. This sounds absolutely like a slipping clutch. I just replaced one of those a few weeks ago for identical reason. Check this guide.

Most Helpful Answer

Brian Caylor, here is my answer to a very similar question:"this is a direct drive model. There is no drive belt etc. If the motor coupling would have failed, it would not agitate etc. This sounds absolutely like a slipping clutch. I just replaced one of those a few weeks ago for identical reason. Check this guide."

This answer was originally to another question.

I have the same problem and determined the issue to be a faulty lid switch. When the lid is down a pin pushes down on the lid switch. With the switch being bad it thought the lid was up and prevented spin. I used a screwdriver and was able to get the spin cycle to kick in.

Sorry, I just re read your post and your problem is a little different; mine wouldn't drain or spin

The question does not make sense, if it's spinning and draining you should be OK. My thought is that you have a restricted drain hose or clogged coin trap and it's draining but not completely.

Water Pump Belt

If the washer won't drain the pump belt might have broken or might have worn out. Check the belt and replace if it shows signs of excessive wear.

Drain Pump

If the washer won't drain water the drain pump might be defective. It's also common for a small sock or other article of clothing to get caught in the drain pump or in the drain hose. Check both for an obstruction before replacing the pump.

Other Causes and Conditions

Clogged Pump or Hose

If the washer won't drain there might be a clogged pump or hose. It's common for small socks or other small clothing items to get into the water drain system and clog the hose leading to the pump or the pump itself. Remove the hoses from the pump in order to remove the article of clothing. Keep in mind that any water in the washer will pour out of the hoses when removed.

My Kenmore washer 101.21102011 works fine, except the clothes soaked wet at the end of complete cycle. Spinning & draining are good. What is "restricted drain hose" or "water pump belt"?

Never figured out what was wrong. Water wasn't clogged up anywhere, the drain pump was working fine. We ended up just buying a new washer.

Bill Tuszynski will be eternally grateful.