Model A1419 / Late 2012 / 2.9 & 3.2 GHz Core i5 or 3.4 GHz Core i7 Processor

I've got vertical lines on my iMac 27" screen

After I opened it to replace the HDD I got vertical lines, after return from an authorised apple they return even more problematic, the apple said that the Lcd was damage, but I just open as I do always, I thought that is the cable/conector, somebody pass thought the same problem?

Here the screen photo

http://s22.postimg.org/5ncerw18x/IMG_425...

Sounds like a TAB error. Post an image of what your screen looks like with your question for confirmation.

If the lines disappear when you apply pressure on the upper vertical edge of the LCD, where the tabs are bonded, you know that the bond has failed. There is really not much of an DIY fix for it.

Most Helpful Answer

Sadly, yes!

The newer 'Thin Series' systems are much harder to open without damaging the LCD panel. One needs to have the correct tools and take ones time. You need to follow the IFIXT guide iMac Intel 27" EMC 2546 Display Replacement on where to pry and you mustn't pry to hard as that is the root issue on why people kill their displays.

I killed my first one too so don't kick your self to hard here.

Dan,

I need to change all the LCD? I am trying to buy one, but the price is very very high, if I convert into dollars just the lcd is US1500,00, there is no other workaround?

Please give us the last four figures of your serial number so I can check for a possible recall.

While this vid is about LCD TV's the same issues apply to computer displays: LCD Display problems. The problem you are facing is the damage along the edge on the backside you nicked the fine contacts that tie into the driver logic.

Mayer, I will get the serial and place here.

the last 4 digits are DNMP

Rodolfo Martinez will be eternally grateful.