2.5 GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 processor (Turbo Boost up to 3.1 GHz) with 3 MB shared L3 cache.

Running Slow: Error Code: 4HDD/11/40000000:SATA(0,0)

My computer is running very slow. After running Apple Hardware Test, I got the error code 4HDD/11/40000000:SATA(0,0). Here is what I've tried so far; verified disk, verified disk permissions, repair disk permissions, and used HD Cleaner.

Disk Utility showed nothing was wrong. Then I decided to wipe the SSD and reinstall Yosemite, yet it's still running slow. Could it be the SSD or the SSD tray's ribbon cable has been damaged? Or something else?

What SSD are you using? Is it from Intel, Kingston, Sandisk, Crucial or another company?

@Sejin - Most likely he has the original SSD the system came with. If someone has changed it out it would be a OWC or Transcend SSD unit as they are the only ones that make the correct units for this system.

Most Helpful Answer

If you've ID'ed your system correctly here this model uses a blade type SSD. There is no cable connection as the SSD is plugged directly into the logic board via a connector.

Here's the IFIXIT guide for replacing the SSD: MacBook Pro 13" Retina Display Late 2012 SSD Replacement.

I would pop the bottom cover off and do a good inspection looking for signs of liquid damage here.

This mean you need to replace your drive since the error is a drive error. If you dont change the drive, it will fail soon enough and lose all your data in the process. You might as well buy a new drive and replace your old drive.

Apple says this is a false error.

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4356

Jstervil will be eternally grateful.