Fourth generation iPhone. Repair is straightforward, but the front glass and LCD must be replaced as a unit. GSM / 8, 16, or 32 GB capacity / Model A1332 / Black and White.

Does changing the iPhone 4 back panel void the warranty?

I'm interested in opening my iPhone 4 and changing/modifying the back panel. Does this void the Apple warranty?

I'd reference Upgrading Hard Drive - Warranty and Overheating Issues, which references Does User Replacement of Battery Void Applecare Warranty? regarding Apple's warranties.

There seems to be a lot of warranty questions today. :P Apple's general philosophy is that if there's some repair that would involve opening the device, they would rather you buy a brand new device from them, or at least pay them to do the repairs rather than doing them yourself.

+ Ralph

Well it matters if they can determine if it looks different or not like if you change the back panel to an oem black then they wont notice but if you change it to a fack black back they will know because the model numbers and emc number will be different then oem models. You cant change it so theres a black oem front and a white oem back they will notice the difference.

Mashout will be eternally grateful.