Home button not working at all

I have an iPhone 5 and a few days ago the phone's home button randomly stopped working. If I would push hard down on it it would work for a while and then stop again. Then it randomly started shutting off even if I shook it. So, I opened the phone and replaced the battery and that fixed the turning off issue. However, now my iPhone 5 home button is not working at all. I have replaced the flex cable as well. Nothing is working. Can anyone suggest me what to do.

Thank you!

PS: I was reading about trying to short the gold pins next to the lightning connector, and I tried that but it didn't do anything.

You caused damage to a small component on the logic board, next to the SIM tray. This is a common mistake that happens when you pry/press on the logic board when trying to remove the battery.

Unless you have micro soldering skills and tools and the right spare part, I advise you against trying to repair it yourself. In that area, there are many delicate and very critical components.

Either go to Settings>General>Accessibility>Assistive Touch>ON, or if you insist on having it repaired, let me know where you're located, I could recommend someone, if you wish.

Or you can take it to a local repair shop that can do this sort of repair without further ruining your phone.

Shaheer Imran will be eternally grateful.