Released in 2013, this multifunction laptop is a part of the Satellite C50 laptop series. It has a 15.6" display screen and comes with Windows 8.

Why is my laptop not charging?

I charged my laptop overnight but when I woke up, my laptop was not fully charged.

Sometimes the cord may be plugged into the computer, but it may not be properly plugged in elsewhere. Make sure the cord connecting the computer to the AC adapter is fully plugged in. Sometimes the constant pulling of the cord will slightly disconnect it.

If the cord is connected to an electrical outlet extender, make sure it is on and fully connected to an outlet. It could be off and not transmitting the charge. If the cord is directly connected to an outlet, then firmly push the cord into the wall and check for a charge. If it is still not working, try a different outlet! You may have a short and need to plug it elsewhere.

Sometimes the computer just needs to be restarted. Hold down the power button until the computer turns off. Take out the battery and wait a couple of seconds to put it back in. Then turn on your computer, and check to see if your computer is charging.

If you're still confused, check out the Toshiba Satellite C55D-A5201 Troubleshooting Page.

Hope this helps!

Andrea Colindres will be eternally grateful.