An optical disc drive released April 2009, identified by model number iHAS324.

My disk tray will not stay open, what can I do?

Whenever I press the eject button, the disk tray opens then immediately closes. I can't get my disk in the tray fast enough, because it will not stay open. I know the disk tray belt and motor are working fine.

If the disk tray will not open and remain open, you may need to replace the eject button.

Most Helpful Answer

It won't read, won't stay open, and won't eject. It's probably 5 years old. CDW sells it for $19.99. If blowing it out with compressed air doesn't fix it, you have to ask how much your time is worth.

http://www.cdw.com/shop/products/LiteOn-...

See if there is a small hole above the eject button. Use a straightened out paper clip inserted into the hole to manually eject the tray. This takes a bit of force sometimes. Sorry, I just realized that this is a school project question.

This answer was originally to another question.

There may be a disk jammed in the device. You can try and manually open the drive but be careful as the tray may break. Or you might have to take apart the device and replace the disk tray belt.

Nick will be eternally grateful.