My phone keeps clicking on things that I'm not even clicking on?

Whenever I unlock my phone, it goes crazy. It starts having a spazz attack and clicks on random stuff by itself. For example, I will go to my messages to try to text someone and it will just start clicking on letters and buttons out of no wheres, causing me take 20 minutes just to send a simple message. I have no control over it and it is really annoying. This started happening after I went in the store to get my cracked screen replaced.

Yeah but mine is perfectly fine and it started doing it and right before this I was in the lock screen and it started pressing random numbers as soon as o got to 2 numbers and then i turned it off and the assistive touch was the assistive touch was on so I did a screenshot and it fixed it then while I was writing this it messed up again ,my phone is fine except when my phone screen wh..ohhhh my phone screen keeps blacking out any fixes?

This happened to me when I wet my phone, I was cleaning it with water and it got wet and started clicking random things I wasn't I honestly don't knkw how to fix it, the only way if stops is I shut it off for a while , but it will eventually come back within 10 minutes

this mistake happens when we are in text writing mode and then when switched to main page (home) random touchs stopped. when a game is running everything is OK. result is if we can change the android sensibility for touch in writing sms we hope to fix it. is there any solution for change android variable by programming or by rooting my phone?

Guys, i have the same issue. But ifix it by simply cleaning my touchscreen. I think it all about oiliness of hand the reason of malfunctioning. Other wise it's a virus. Other option is to lower your pointer speed in(Setting, Language and input, Pointer Speed. I hope this could help you. God bless you!

my phone again has a similar problem except from that its presses randomly and the only way i have found to try and fix it slightly is to bend my phone slightly in each direction, this makes it work and i have been thinking the whole time that it was because my phone was bent, but this extra bending of my phone is causing the screen to pry itself out of the case slightly and i have no idea about what i should do about it or not...

Mac RAM Kits
Speed up your Mac. Max out its memory.
Mac RAM Kits
Get more memory out of your Mac.

You have a bad aftermarket screen. Take it back to the place that repaired it.

Sometimes this can be solved by unplugging the battery and eplugging the front display connectors and holding power button for 5 seconds then plugging the battery in and putting it bsck together. Though I'd only recommend this if you've repaired iPhone 5 before.

And he's probably talking to both of you. You both probably have bad aftermarket screens.

Edit: This thread is so old lol.

This happens to my phone too. I cracked my screen and got it replaced in July, and my phone just started spazzing out a few days ago

My problem is same but I have huawei honor 3c

Can someone please help me... my phone is going out of control only when the data connection is turned on. It's totally fine when I'm using Wi-Fi... is this a common issue? Should I check for viruses?

This happens to me and I have never had my screen replaced.

Most Helpful Answer

All you need to do it disconnect the charger, trust me you need a new charger well only if your phone is going crazy while charging it then just get a new charger and if it's not happening while you're charging it then the phone has a problem

It worked! THANKS! :-)

This seemed to happen to me right after I charged my phone but it wasn't fully plugged in to the socket right. Now it keeps pressing randomly even when I'm not charging. Any tips?

This worked perfect. When I reconnected the old phone charger the problem returned.

Same goes for me. This problem happened when I connect my phone to my charger. So, if the charger was the culprit, what should I do with it? Throw it? Or can I use the charger for other devices, such as iPhone or iPad or stuff? Thanks

I have the Same problem with my iPhone 6 and I used to have it with my ipad mini which was broken to oblivion and was clicking on random things and then I got it fixed and the problem went away but with my iPhone 6 the screen isn't cracked or anything and just randomly starts to type things and the screen can be so unresponsive.

i think this will be a easy job

1. restart the phone and after its restarted try removing any programs that you can think of nasty or adware

2. reset the browser it could be your tauchpad also check out the

3. update the phone software at last if nothing works try How To Fix Ghost Touch Issues in phone lets see if this helps

After I removed a game it stopped hasn't happened since.

My phone keep trying 2 make me get back with my ex, It keeps calling him and texting him without me Knowing and pressing buttons im not pressing how can i fix this

It's actually weird but mine started when I got my phone screen replaced, I had the screen protecter that he placed on the screen on my phone for about a week or 2 after, I eventually got sick of it and just peeled it off, literally on that same day my phone started with all the tapping and not letting me touch the screen etc.. I don't have the money to get it repaired again and there's nothing even wrong with the screen, so I was experimenting and I just put selotape over my screen and now it's working perfect?? Just in single strips until it covered the screen. Just gonna get some screen protectors to see if they'll work, I don't know why it did this but I hope this helps someone :)

Thank you this (surprisingly!!) worked for me :)

Thanks, saved me from ordering another digitizer / screen

Wow! This really worked!! I have been having this issue for such a long time and had tried everything possible with the phone system. Thanks

Sounds like the connection for the screen-board isn't just right. Follow this guide to open the device and check your screen-board connection to make sure it's secure. Check the connector itself for any bent pins or debris on either the connector or in the terminal. Let me know if this works.

My hauwei keeps freezing and it goes into files and other things, yes i dropped my phone it has one small crack. What can i do must i replace the screen?

Did you recently drop your phone? I had the same thing on my Samsung Galaxy S3, when it was in my pocket, it randomly turned on and unlocked itself (it didn't have a passcode or anything). Is the screen dirty? Try washing and drying your hands to get all the dirt off your hand, and use a screen cleaner to get all the dust and stuff off the phone screen. Sometimes that interferes with the touchscreen.

I’m going to weigh in here and start by stating that I think a lot of the posts here are BS speculation.

I had the ghost touch issue recently. It was fine until suddenly one day it wasn’t. Most touches would elicit no reaction and suddenly random text would be entered, texts sent and apps opened.

Some posts suggested a loose screen connector. This being the easiest problem to diagnose, I opened up my phone, and sure enough, one of the three screen connectors was loose (iPhone 5S). After reassembly, the symptoms were completely remedied.

If you have this problem with ghost touches, first check the connection before deleting apps, or suspecting a faulty digitizer. Apparently, sudden disengagement of the connectors is possible.

I should add that recently i replaced the battery, so that could have put tension on the connector, causing it to become gradually loose.

how much did it cost for the reassembly of the screen connector because I have the same issue

My phone was clicking random things also. I read this whilst charging my phone and it's took me quite a while to get to the bottom because of these random clicks. I took my phone off charge and I've managed to write all of this without a single glitch. (Temporary solution I'm guessing). Thanks for the advise, will be charging and leaving it alone from now on

Everyone! I found the fix!

I was listening to other people about checking the FPC connector, I took my phone out of my mophie case,

and BOOM! All fixed, hope this helps!

I know whats wrong with your phone. Theres the screen right? Any underneath that is the touch screen. The touch screen controls how you touch your phone. And the touch screen somehow got ruined, i mean, it could have been the screen that shattered and maybe a piece of the it broke the touch screen. Ask the store to fix the touch screen. That might help it. i said MIGHT

This isnt exactly how the touch screens work. Somewhere in the screen, there are thin lines in a grid format. These lines detect electrical signals generated by your finger.

I've had this problem on 3 new aftermarket screens RECENTLY - from different sources.

The problem is with touch connector flex. In all 3 cases it's not snapping / clicking on to the board like it should.

It also depends on the condition of the FPC connector on the board too. If its perfect / like new you might get away with using these screens. If there are any slightly bent pins the chances of using these screens without any touch issues isn't good.

So if I have bent pins with the FPC connector, can this only be replaced by 3rd party? I have zero insurance through my service provider and apple will not fix my phone after an aftermarket screen repair.

To give you a quick rundown of my situation I cracked my iphone screen. had UbreakiFix repair it and $160 later for a SIMPLE screen repair with NO touch/led damage, I had minor complications with clicking/texting words without touching the phone. very sporadic, minor drags here and there. no big deal.

Then, all the sudden today by phone goes into psycho mode - No apps would open or none of the right ones. I go to call someone, 193736470942474930743490641 until i shut it off, went to input my pass to unlock the device and goes so haywire - Disabling for 5min, 15min, 15min, 60min and now reading "iphone is disabled, connect to itunes". aaaaand of course out of all the laptops, I own the one PC whose software beats off to lollipops and kit kats all day.

Going to visit the scrub repair store tomorrow to negotiate fixing this issue asap at no additional cost. I cannot upgrade to a new phone without paying $540 out of pocket so only options are to negotiate a FIX or order another device off ebay/amazon for the time being.

Any other suggestions?

If this happens when your charging your phone, leave your phone charging by it self. And then disconnect it from the charging port and it won't glitch only when your chartering and using it

In my case I use my thumbnail to seperate the screen border, it works and gosh I'm relieved, the edge is near to the volume button and the ghost touch point is only at the one point, what I do is get to the sides of the screen edge, like a grid and sep'rate th screen border and the plastic element, voila the problem gone, btw my phone is lenovo pm series and I don't recomend u all to buy it, not a good phone

This happened to me after my screen cracked and it started to get really bad so that I couldn't use it at all. Then I got my screen fixed and it was fine a few months later when I was in Spain I got a tiny crack in the corner of my screen and it started doing this again when I returned home it was a bank holiday so I couldn't get it fixed..now i haven't got it fixed but it's not that bad and it doesn't click stuff by itself if I restart my phone.

i have a iphone 5c it was auto clicking also right after i unplugged it started working fine.

This happened with my lg g4 tonight after signing up for something that required lots of info. It freaked me out. Thinking I had been hacked especially after the memo opens and typed the words "stop smoking " then scribbled on red all over the page. I immediately did a factory reset. But it still continued. I removed the tempered glass which had a hairline crack for months. It still continued. I cleaned the screen with an alcohol wipe and ta da it stopped! Wish I would have tried this first.

Mine was doing the same, pressing itself, and I just reset the phone then it was fine again. But remember the data on the phone will be lost.

i have Iphone 6 i had the same problem for 3 days all this ghost touching stuff and i was much worried about it and was thinking how to get rid of this prob then suddenly i deleted some of my apps and ta da it start working fine again. so its a recomendation that if the screen automatically touches like its freaking out just delete some of the recent apps you,ve installed and then you will see its gone.

I think virus had injected at your phone.

&&^& you this didnt work your bad and i hope you die stuped $&!*

Jami Bush will be eternally grateful.

Past 24 Hours: 1,011