Why doesn't my power button work?

So I ordered a screen replacement kit from this website about a week ago and just attempted to fix my phone. When I thought I was finished, I got a blue screen and it kept restarting, so it turns out that I put the wrong screws in the shield that covers the three ribbon cables. Well, I got that sorted out and I got my phone to power on normally and I could unlock it, but I couldn't lock it back. The lock button and volume buttons don't work. Anyone know how I can fix this?

It could be several things. First, take a hard look at your board, under the black sticker for any damage to the connector or surrounding area.

If none, order a new power/vol flex and just plug it in without installing it---see if that solves.

If not, then worry about trace damage---I don't happen to know offhand if any trace damage can affect just this line--I don't think so, but I don't know for sure.

bingotj1 will be eternally grateful.