Water damage, is it too late to be fixed?

I bought my Macbook 13" in August of 2010. It's just a regular Macbook. Not a pro or air. In July 2012.

My brother spilled water on it from the top. Instead of shutting it down he kept trying to turn it on. Now it only comes on when I plug in the power cord. Some keys work others don't. The screen is fine.

My warranty didn't cover accidental damage so I couldn't get it fixed from Apple. I was told that I might as well sell it.

I didn't sell it and now 3 years later I've decided to do something about it. So in doing research I found this website and thought I'd try to fix it if I could.

What I want to know is is it too late and if not can you give me a recommendation on what to do next in how to repair it?

If you give us the last three digits of your serial number we can tell you which model you have.

The last three digits are f5w.

Sitting for three years doesn't help here ;-{

I suspect you'll need a fair amount of work and parts to get this baby working again. Then the issue is is it worth the time and costs?

For now you'll need to open it up to find out how much work it will take.

The old cooks line: You can't tell if the egg is bad until you crack it open

Follow this IFIXIT guide to take the logic board out to inspect it and the rest of the system: MacBook Unibody Model A1342 Logic Board Replacement

Thank you so much for your help.

CherryB will be eternally grateful.