Microphone not working on call, but does on speaker

So i've got this iPhone 5 which gives the problem when calling people do not hear me. But when i switch to speakercall they do. Are there 2 different microphones, which would mean 1 is broken?

And where is it located so i can replace it?

I always thought there is only 1 microphone in the iPhone 5?

Thx

I have Huawei P8 Lite. I have also similar kind of issue. During normal call, either on the Network or on social media apps, person could not hear me on the other side. When I switch on speaker, they do hear me. Voice message also does not work! But audio recorder working fine.

I have an Iphone 6, speaker works, microphone works perfectly using Whatsapp, and for recording notes works but I have no audio in calls and even the phone gets blocked (so slow I have to turn it off by holding power button pressed 30 secs. or so). So I ordered the 2 parts (upper mic including front camera & sensors) + lower mic. part including Lightning port. Problem persists..... I do not know what else I can try. Meanwhile the iphone 6 is sold new for 369 euro...

hi, there are 3 mic's in the iPhone 5.

one at the bottom (the one you need te replace)

one right next the the ear speaker

one next the the rear camera

you need to replace the dock connector

this is the guide

iPhone 5 Lightning Connector and Headphone Jack Replacement

have a nice repair

I have same problem with huawei p9 lite . So you have solution

I am having same issuses with a 5c thought I would replace so I did! Now that new part is on and all back together , it's still the same:( nothing's changed! And that was a brand new part so I know

It's not that! Can anyone help pleeeaaasse!

Try cleaning out the doc connector, head phone socet and the little tiny hole next to the head phone socket.

I found that a paper clip was a useful tool for the job.

After clearing out all the fluff and dirt from these areas. Gradually the microphone started to again for me.

I couldn't talk on phone without speaker phone active or headphones plugged in. I couldn't record voice messages. It's happened twice to me and both times this has corrected the issue for me.

I tested by making a voice recording and then called my 2nd phone to test calls were working as expected.

Regards

You can refer to our Headphone Jack Replacement, hope it can help you http://www.iboxfix.com/charging-port-fle...

I got same problem,

microphone doesn't work. The people I'm calling to can not hear me. When I place it on speaker, they do hear me.

Voice recording also does not work !

I've replaced the dock connector but the problem did not disappear. To be sure I didn't install a faulty microphone, I installed a 3rd one, but still the problem was not solved.

all the audio works, but for the microphone.

Any ideas? is this the audio IC?

i have the same problem right now, so could you solve it ?

Did you solve this issue?

Any one who found solution please do reply.

i hve iphone 5s

I got same problem,

Voice recording also does not work !

Did you faced this issue after iOS 9.3.2 ?

My problem is the exact opposite...speaker phone doesn't work! I can hold the phone to my head and makes call with no problems. I cannot use Voice Recognition to compose text messages, but the Voice Memo via text DOES work...

Which microphones control which functions?? This seams like a software issue to me, not a hardware issue. I just did an update, and this crap happens, thanks APPLE!!

iphone 6 call time mic not working

michielbogaert will be eternally grateful.