First generation, based on the Ford C1 global platform.

Is the AC clutch on a 2008 Mazda Mazda 3 replaceable?

So my girlfriend has a Mazda 3 2.3 sport, about 3 months ago the ac suddenly stopped working after a road trip. That being said I'm a mechanic at a local shop but much to my dismay we sub contract our ac work. After countless hours of electrical testing pressure checking and tons of homework I found the ac clutch was seized. Does any one know if the clutch could be replaced in order to get the ac going again or is it a complete ac compressor job?

did you ever get this fixed? i have the same exact problem and i am looking to find the clutch kit, and what serial number it is.

thanks

Most Helpful Answer

Here are the pages from the service manual regarding the clutch. There is a reason why shops sub-contract this kind of work. It is labor intensive and replacing the complete compressor with clutch is usually quicker. Hope this helps.

Coty C will be eternally grateful.