The March 2015 update of Apple's 13" MacBook Pro Retina Display, model A1502, features fifth-generation Intel Core i5 and i7 processors and introduces the Force Touch trackpad.

Can the upper case be replaced without replacing the keyboard?

Hi everyone,

I'm thinking of bringing my MacBook Pro in to a store to get the upper case replaced under warranty (there's a mark on it), and I'm wondering, to replace the upper case, will the keyboard need to be replaced as well? Thanks in advance! :)

Yes, Apple only sells a complete assembly. as such the Apple Store or authorized Apple Service center will replace the full assembly.

I doubt Apple will replace the upper case under warranty for a scratch. Did you spill something into the keyboard and was hoping you could sneak it by Apple? Apple has moisture markers hidden inside so if you get your system wet these markers will give you away!

I'll warn you, replacing the top case assembly is quite expensive! As it also has the battery glued to it.

Thanks, Dan :) No, it's a cosmetic fault I discovered upon unboxing the MacBook. I talked to an Apple technician via their Live Chat and she confirmed the fault. Thanks!

Jio Namay will be eternally grateful.