MBA Spill, Wont' Turn On, Power Cord Works Only when Battery Out
spilled wine on my MBA A1370. After thoroughly drying everything, swabbing everything with rubbing alcohol, and waiting 72 hours, it won't turn on (maybe I should wait longer?). I tried turning it on without the battery and it doesn't start. But interestingly, the LED on the power cord lights up when the battery is not plugged in, but the cord doesn't light up when the batter is plugged in. Does this mean that the issue lies with the I/O board and not the logic board? I assume the battery is not the issue since it would start up without the battery if that were the problem. Fwiw, I was able to reset the SMC, so it doesn't appear to be an issue with the keyboard.
Is this a good question?