Apple released the MacBook Pro 15" Unibody with a new aluminum upper case machined from a single aluminum block.

Which threadlock to use for MacBook bottom case screws

I recently upgraded the ram in my MBP to do this i had to remove the back case, which i believe has broken the bond that the threadlock had when it was applied in the factory.

Now every 1-2 months i have to retighten all the screws as they keep becoming lose.

I plan to reapply the threadlock but had 2 questions :

- Which specific threadlock should i use, when i search amazon i can find lots but they seem to be for bolts and other 'larger' fixings, is there one specifically made for small electronics screws (i also guess i want one that is undoable ie. not permanent so i can open up the bottom case again if required)

- In applying the new threadlock will i need to clean the old threadlock off first with solvent ?

Surprising one can use fingernail polish (Clear) as a substitute! Just be careful a little goes a long way.

Nail polish remover or Toluene is the best for cleaning things up.

Loctite is designed for larger nuts and bolts. To clean it you'll need methylene chloride. But thats not what Apple uses.

samsamsam will be eternally grateful.