Model A1181 / 1.83, 2, 2.1, 2.13, 2.16, 2.2, or 2.4 GHz Core 2 Duo processor

Why isn't my battery charging?

I just replaced the logic board on my friend's macbook. It was randomly freezing whenever picked up. The replacement fixed that issue however the battery no longer charges when I have the computer plugged in. I am getting a green light on the magsafe charger. I've tried reseting the SMC as well as using a different charger. I installed coconutBattery as I've seen suggested and here is my reading:

current charge: 0 mAh

Load cycle: 14

Battery Status: Good

Battery Temp: 25.9 C

Charging with: 0.0 watts

Battery State: discharging.

Any help is appreciated.

Have you replaced the battery recently?

My battery in my MacBook Core 2 Duo 13.3in. had the same problem. My battery was bulging about to either explode or leak!

When you ran Coconut Battery was the Mag-Safe adapter plugged into the machine? If so was it showing bright orange or green?

Download this little gem of an App: coconutBattery take a screenshot and paste it here for us to see.

I suspect either the MageSafe connector or the battery connector is worn or damaged. But before replacing things lets see what coconutBattery tells us.

I would replace the MagSafe connector first to see if it fixes things. Follow this IFIXIT guide: MacBook Core 2 Duo Magsafe Board Replacement. And here is the Battery connector IFIXIT guide: MacBook Core 2 Duo Battery Connector Replacement.

The last possibility is the comparator logic on the logic board is bad. But that would assume the replacement board was bad to start with.

Marc will be eternally grateful.