The third generation of the Samsung Galaxy Note phablet series released September 25, 2013. Identifiable by the model number N9005.

Action Memo is not recognising anything

I updated my Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900 to Android lollipop 5.0 (Russian version and then Indian version). I had the problem with both updates, the Action Memo opens, I write anything with the S pen, I try to recognise it, the application keeps "recognising" for at least 5 minutes, then it says "recognition failed" or it just forces close. The thing is, during the recognition, the phone is just dead, I can't do anything with it because the action memo window is ALWAYS on top of all other windows, even if I press the home button. The only thing that I can do is power off the phone.

The application was working well with Android 4.3 and 4.4.2

I tried to erase the data of the application, and cache memory and nothing happened. I even wiped the cache partition of the phone and still nothing.

Also I just found out that in the application manager, I have 2 Action Memo apps, one version 1.0.13 and one 1.0.16, and the one that is in the app drawer is the 1.0.16. I guess that's the one with Android 5.0?

Handwriting recognition works well in the S Note application and in the keyboard. The problem is in this app particularly.

PLEASE HELP :( What shall I do to fix this recognition issue?

Assalam brother.. i have the same problem on my note 3 neo..try to update your language in setting (language and input)..choose and update the language that you use..mine works

Thanks brother. It worked. I appreciate your help.

Thank you sir. I had thus same problem in my note 4 and tour solution worked.

assalam brothers, thanks for tip :)

Walikum Asalam Brother ,

thanks for the tip , it worked , the hand written recognition language selected was urdu , all i did was change it to English and update it , and it worked fine BTW i am using Lollipop on my note 3 .....

Jazak Allah.....

Ahsan Muhammad

Ahmad Atef Belal will be eternally grateful.