1

osvaldo

My lil sister put a magnet on the top of the computer

My little sister was with me she put a magnet on the ple that you put the hands and siche then the computer starts going slow but it was still working, i tunes wereopen and songs were working i wait and then i turn it on, but the no symbol start showing up

Edited by: machead3 and oldturkey03 ( )

2

mayer
MacHale Enterprises

Big companies use electro magnets to erase hard drive data. The data on the drive is magnetic coding. Putting one on your Mac will most likely erase portions of your data. The best thing to do is try to back up your important data, then reformat and erase the drive by zeroing it out and then reinstalling the system. If you have any doubts about doing this take it to you local repairman for help.

Edited by: mayer ( )

UPDATE - the magnet destroyed the drive. After numerous attempts to reformat, it finally wouldn't even show up.

mayer,

1

The Landwhale
79

I just replied to your first question already.

Most likely your hard drive has crashed. This doesn't necessarily mean it's completely dead though.

Do you have a Leopard or Snow Leopard install disc, or the restore discs that came with the computer?

He has high end software on the drive that he does not want to loose. He is a customer of mine and tends to panic.

mayer,