GSM iPad 2 with 16, 32, or 64 GB of storage, and a Dual Core A5 Processor. Model Number A1396. Repair is complicated and requires heat and prying.

Dropped iPad from 1 Meter on Wooden Floor. Won't Turn ON

Dropped ipad 2 on floor. No lights and won't turn on. Tried smacking it as per your instructions ... Nothing. I only hear the noise if I charge it.

Here's what could've happened, and how to fix it, from the easiest to the hardest (and cheapest to most expensive):

The iPad may be needs a hard reboot: press and hold power button + home button together for 12 seconds. Then release both buttons and try restarting if it did not restart already.

Either this will have solved it, or you will have to take it apart to reseat or replace the LCD cable,

Or to replace the LCD itself.

Or to look for damage on the logic board, which requires special skills and tools to find and fix.

The guides feature the needed parts and tools. Note the very high risk of breaking something during the process, such as the touch screen, the Power-Mute-Volume cable, the Wi-Fi antenna, the cellular antenna.

iPad 2 GSM LCD Image

Guide

iPad 2 GSM LCD Replacement

Difficulty: Very difficult

Thank you so much the hard reboot worked. I was so sad but now i'm :)

Ipad was a gift from mother who has passed away.

I dropped my iPad not very far. It is very old though, I tried restarting it and everything. What seems to be working good is slapping it on the back where the apple logo is. I tried it again but it's not working now. Is there a good apple repair place somewhere I can go? I'm in Australia and not sure where to go. Please help me :(

Is there any hope?

Yes of course there is hope. Depending on the model you have, there could be fixes for this. @microsolder1ng may be able to do it or recommend someone for you. He's down under and the best I know.

The hard reset worked for me after about the 9th time of getting the Apple Logo up, and only when it was plugged into charge while doing it (even though it had plenty of charge before dropped) - devastated son now happy again, thanks!

I have had a horrible hour not being able to get to a computer to search what to do after having dropped my ipad and it was not working. Your solution worked brilliantly and it is now functioning perfectly again and I am happy! Thanks a million.

Linda smith will be eternally grateful.