Nintendo handheld device released February 2011, identified by model number CTR-001.

Nintendo 3DS Charge but won't turn on.

Recently I got a 3ds - The small first version.

When I plugged it into the charger, I noticed the light turn on, but when I try to turn the device on - nothing!

The lights turn off when I press the power buttom and after a few secounds - turn on again without the decive coming to life.

theres no crack on the screen.

Thanks you.

I got the same problem yeah its stinks

I dont know what to do with it... how do u fix it

Same i couldnt find a way to fix it

I want to fix it plz help

i couldnt turn it off even O_O

Could be a bad battery.. You can get them from Ebay

I took the battery out. The nintendo is supposed to turn on when plugged to the recharger, no?

Is the charge light coming on when you plug it in? You may want to check the charging port for damage or if it's loose..

Yeah, when I plug the charger the light turn on.

There's nothing when it's not plugged it.

Also I checked the connector, it seems alright.. nothing losses, no rust and it respond very quickly once I insert the recharger

Most Helpful Answer

Check the F2 fuse next to the battery contacts (for the 3ds it located underneath, other side of the logic/mother board). If the fuse is blown, then then system will charge for 10 sec and then stop.

Hi these units get dropped from time to time, remove the back plate the battery and then the back casing. Look up towards the left trigger there is a small ribbon cable that can come loose if dropped. Lift up the small tab (carefully) remove and replace ribbon cable. Also there is a small square adapter in the center of the unit directly below the cartridge slot this is your wifi card once again gently pry up on it and it will come loose then reattach it. If these things don't work you more then likely have a tear in the ribbon cable that connects the screen to the motherboard. I have also on occasion seen this happen on a console that some one tried to hack and failed resulting in a hard brick of the motherboard, if that's the case you can try to find another mother board or sell it for parts.

You need to charge it longer. If no response continues, try replacing the battery.

my 2ds is broken :( but to save ur time I wanna make this story quick me and my brother were playing around (amd this might seem weird but I skipped important details) anyway my phone ended up falling into a toilet (with urine inside) and is showing a orange led light whether charging or not, it will not turn on and is showing a blank black screen PLEASE PLEASE I BEG U I LUVED this 2DS and still do so if u help me I will luv u too! THX :) plx reply, GOD BLESS!

Call Nintendo. They'll either replace it or fix it.

Welp, Nintendo ended support for the original 3DS. So, I replaced the l and r buttons and now my 3ds charges but does not turn on.

ChubbyKai will be eternally grateful.