Repair and disassembly guides for Lexmark printers.

How can I clear message "Cartridge Error?"

The message Cartridge Error shows on the screen. I have reinstalled new Lexmark cartridges twice and the message will not go away. It printed an alignment page and then the message returns. I consulted the manual and no solution works. My printer is a X6650 all in one printer.

Inside the cartridge carrier you will see copper contacts..Take a cotton swab and clean those contacts real good with rubbing alcohol and clean the contacts on the new cartridges. Then re-install your cartridges. Those contacts read a memory chip inside the cartridges. The message should then go away...

Hope that helps....

I cleaned the coper contacs as directed, but it didn't help. cartridge error returned.

you can easily get rid of this error easily just Clean the print head of Lexmark printer and ink cartridges by using the wet cotton swabs and Clean cartridges and print head until no ink particles coming off on the cotton.

Step by step guide to fix Lexmark "Cartridge Error" within minutes I found this link helpful to remove "Cartridge Error".

Kate Jackson will be eternally grateful.