MacBook Pro

Apple's line of MacBook Pro laptops was intended for the professional and power users. The MacBook Pro line includes the MacBook Pro 13" Unibody, MacBook Pro 15", MacBook Pro 15" Unibody, MacBook Pro 17", and the MacBook Pro 17" Unibody.

Does anyone know of a service shop that repairs logic boards?

I have a MacBook Pro 15" Unibody (mid-2009) that has minor spill damage to the logic board. Two Apple service shops have inspected the machine and quoted above a $1000 to replace the logic board. The computer runs the same as before except for a problem properly turning off (must do a hard shut down instead). Since this is the only apparent problem, I'd like to get the logic board repaired instead of replaced. I live in Ohio, but would be willing to ship the machine out. Thanks for all your help!

I don't lnow if you find someone here who is willing to do that. but normally i would say that you can do it on your own - you need some isopropyl alcohol and a paintbrush for that. but maybe someone here ist able to do that (i would, but i'm from germany - so fixing it isn't an option)

by markus weiher

DT&T Computer Services, does a nice job and has been around for a while. You can get pricing right on line. I know several people who have been happy with the service they recieved from them. I'll be sending them my Mac Pro 2.8 GHz for a new logic board as soon as I have the cash to do so.

http://www.dttservice.com/

ceolsige will be eternally grateful.