The Apple iPhone 5c was announced on September 10, 2013. Repair of this device is similar to the previous models, and requires screwdrivers and prying tools. Available as GSM or CDMA / 8, 16, 32 GB / White, Pink, Yellow, Blue, and Green.

Is the LCD the problem or could it be something else?

I recently dropped my phone and everything works perfectly fine, but the colors on my phone seem off and are a bit darker than usual. It

kinda looks like an old computer screen. I tried resetting it, & also did a hard reset but it still looks the same. Will I need to get the LCD replaced or is there something else I can do?

From your description it sounds like a bad LCD, especially since your screen shot looks good

I agree with Oldturkey03 it does sounds like the LCD is faulty.

Most Helpful Answer

The photo looks fine to me, maybe the ambient light sensor reduced the brightness after the fall? Try comparing your phone to a friends; You may be over analyzing this.

The screen shot may only be capturing a snapshot of what the processor is rendering (outputting), and not a picture of the screen. If so then the screen shot wouldn't help with this however I'm not sure about this and I cant find any specific information about how a screen shot works.

I've compared my phone to multiple friends & family members phone. I have even taking pictures with my phone & sent them to a friend to show the difference. On my phone the picture looks extremely dark & kinda orangey while in my friends phone it looks pretty normal. Even my apps are off. Things that are suppose to be blue ,like my Instagram are black. Maybe it doesn't look dark to you or on other devices but on my phone it's definitely dark.

Kheana, it's a long shot, but try this to rule out this possibility, by going to Settings>General>Accessibility.

What is the status (ON or OFF?) of the following settings:

Settings>General>Accessibility>Vision>Invert Colors?

Settings>General>Accessibility>Vision>Grayscale?

Settings>General>Accessibility>Increase Contrast>Reduce Transparency?

Settings>General>Accessibility>Increase Contrast>Darken Color?

Settings>General>Accessibility>Increase Contrast>Reduce White Point?

If any or some or all are ON, try switching them to OFF and see if it helps...

If your "Invert Colors" settings is "ON," you will see dark icons but the screen shots will not show it.

No none of them are on

Then it should be LCD issue, although like Oldturkey said, nothing "seems" wrong..

Probably so I think I'll just get a new phone. Also after spending time on Safari & apps when I close them I can still see them on the screen. Could and lcd issue cause that?

That's called shadowing. It's an LCD issue I think.

Kheana Artis will be eternally grateful.